Work Visa
For a change, I actually have some real news. Went to Immigration and got a new Work Visa, so I'm legal for another year.
It was a perfectly painless process this year. Got there good and early but it turned out that there weren't so many people there this year. (Before I go to Immigration again, I have to find out what sort of conditions determine how busy it's likely to be at any given time.)
So the wait wasn't long, and the Immigration Lady was very "welcoming" of my Visa application. This is the first time I've felt like I've been given an official "Welcome". Not that I've *ever* felt unwelcome. . .
We also talked a bit about the process for Permanent Residency. Seems that the early stages, at least, are moving (to my way of thinking) very quickly at the moment. And she gave me the impression that, with my work experience and current job situation, I shouldn't have any great trouble getting through the first stage. Which means that, once I start the process, it probably won't be long before I need an updated form from the FBI. And I know that takes awhile, so I'd better get on that soon. Not that the FBI was slow the last time - but sending forms back and forth all takes time and the postal time adds up along with the beuraucratic time.
Anyway, it looks like I at least have an ongoing income of sorts for awhile yet. And a bit of continued stability, at least for now.
And we shall see what tomorrow brings. . .
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home