First Day Of The New Year
Well, I did think, as midnight rolled over last night, that 2006 was going to be a good year. Hmmm. . . :)
A cloudy day, but the sun shone through weakly most of the time. Nicely warm. Good weather for a shorts and t-shirt walk around town – up the hill and down Palliser to Courtney Place, along Tory to the Carillon, onward through Massey University a little way, then back down Taranaki to Courtney Place, then back along Oriental Parade and up Grass St. Second day in a row up Grass St. A lot easier and quicker today. Not that I had a whole lot of energy today, but it was better than yesterday by far.
A variation of verses 8-10 of Psalm 139, as it appears in the Hall of Memories at the National War Memorial of New Zealand:
If I climb up into heaven thou art there .. If I make
my bed in hell .. behold thou art there also
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the
uttermost parts of the sea
Even there also shall thy hand lead me and thy
Right hand shall hold me
The war memorial (http://www.nationalwarmemorial.govt.nz/) is an interesting place. The Hall of Memories is very peaceful. I should specifically go there some time when the Carillon is being played. Seems like I have heard it before, but it’s been a long time now.
It would be very nice to hear a harp played in there.
I wonder how that might be arranged? :)
I have a lot of practical matters to take care of during this next month: Financial, Health, Insurance, Housing arrangements, a USA flight for northern summer, and on and on. Plus I have to get a lot done at work in the next week. Should be a busy and possibly even an interesting month.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home